This course costs $55 + HST. Your company will be invoiced after you enroll (at the end of the month). You will only be charged once, even if you review the course multiple times. You will have access to the course for one year after enrolling.
This course is for anybody who is new to the business of insurance.
This course contains a high-level view of:
- The history of the term ‘underwriter’
- The underwriting disciplines
- The skills required of underwriters
- The role of underwriting in the insurance process, including insurance applications, risk assessment, underwriting audits, product development, etc.
- The basics of risk selection, including explanations of insurable risk, insurable interest, physical and moral hazards, anti-selection, etc.
The course contains written material, videos, and activities. While the activities are not graded, they are a valuable way to check your understanding. You will need approximately an hour to an hour and a half to complete the entire course. You do not need to complete the course in one sitting. You can leave the course and return to it at any time. Your progress will be saved. You must finish all sections to get your certificate of completion.
How to enroll in this course
If you don’t see the course content below, you are not enrolled in this course. First, ensure you are logged in. Then, click ‘Launch’ to enroll.
How to begin the course
After enrollment you will see a list of course topics below. Click on the first one to begin.