This course costs $70 + HST. Your company will be invoiced after you enroll (at the end of the month). You will only be charged once, even if you review the course multiple times. You will have access to the course for one year after enrolling.
This course will provide easy-to-implement tips and a process for solving problems. This course is appropriate for staff and Directors. This course is worth a credit in OMIA’s Mutual Service Certificate program.
This course contains a high-level view of:
- Problems related to using intuition
- Examples of cognitive biases and how to counteract them
- Dangers of groupthink and how to counteract it
- Examples of dysfunctional groups and how to deal with them
- The ‘Think Bowl’ approach to problem solving
- Root cause analysis
- Brainstorming processes and guidelines
- The decision matrix
- Real-life problem solving scenarios
The course contains written material, videos, and activities. While the activities are not graded, they are a valuable way to check your understanding. You will need approximately an hour and a half to two hours complete the entire course. You do not need to complete the course in one sitting. You can leave the course and return to it at any time. Your progress will be saved. You must finish all sections to get your certificate of completion.
How to enroll in this course
If you don’t see the course content below, you are not enrolled in this course. First, ensure you are logged in. Then, click ‘Launch’ to enroll.
How to begin the course
After enrollment you will see a list of course topics below. Click on the first one to begin.