This course is not yet available. Check back soon if you would like to enroll.
The Dealing with Difficult People course addresses ways to deal with difficult people – both those that you know (such as co-workers) and those that you don’t know (such as clients). It is appropriate for staff and Directors. The course is a required credit in the Mutual Service component of the Insurance Practitioner’s Certification program.
This course contains a high-level view of:
- The reasons people are difficult
- A four-step strategy for dealing with difficult people
- How to stay calm and avoid being baited
- Non-verbal communication
- Active listening
- How to show empathy
- Some common types of difficult people, what makes them tick, and specific strategies for dealing with each
- Conflict resolution strategies