This course costs $65 + HST. Your company will be invoiced after you enroll (at the end of the month). You will only be charged once, even if you review the course multiple times. You will have access to the course for one year after enrolling.
The Communication Fundamentals – Writing course addresses communication difficulties that occur in email, reports, and other formats and discusses ways to improve written communication. It is appropriate for staff and Directors. This course is worth a credit in OMIA’s Mutual Service Certificate program.
The main topics include:
- The purposes of business writing.
- Ways to keep the audience in mind while writing – including personalization and communication styles.
- Writing effective emails – including length, flow, subject lines, and the use of the CC and BCC fields.
- The TAP guidelines for deciding whether to send an email reminder to someone who has yet to respond to an initial email.
- Common writing errors and how to fix them.
The course contains written material, videos, and activities. While the activities are not graded, they are a valuable way to check your understanding. You will need approximately an hour to an hour and a half to complete the entire course. You do not need to complete the course in one sitting. You can leave the course and return to it at any time. Your progress will be saved. You must finish all sections to get your certificate of completion.
How to enroll in this course
If you don’t see the course content below, you are not enrolled in this course. First, ensure you are logged in. Then, click ‘Launch’ to enroll.
How to begin the course
After enrollment you will see a list of course topics below. Click on the first one to begin.